Based on feedback from the Baldwin community, Innovation 2020 focuses on our capital improvement initiative and supports critical enhancements to our facilities and resources for our academic, performing arts, and athletic programs, allowing us to continue to prepare our students for their future on a 21st century school campus. Innovation 2020 will transform 100-year-old buildings into future-focused, cutting-edge learning environments and also address identified facilities maintenance requirements as outlined in the New York State mandated building condition survey.
Next Community Information Session
If you missed the Community Information Session on January 21, another session will be held on March 3. Dr. Shari L. Camhi will present on Innovation 2020, followed by a question and answer session. All community members are strongly encouraged to attend.
Video of Future Baldwin Schools
The animated video shows what Baldwin High School could look like with the proposed plan that has been developed based on community input.
Communication for Innovation 2020
Information about Innovation 2020, including the Community Information Sessions, have been mailed out to ALL residents considered part of the Baldwin Union Free School District. All information related to Innovation 2020 will continue to be shared to this page, as well so please check back regularly. In addition to the materials provided here and at the presentations (see schedule), a special issue of the Baldwin Beat will be mailed out to ALL residents in February about Innovation 2020 and the vote.
Highlights of Innovation 2020 (Based on Community Input)
- New “Innovatriums” for STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) classes at elementary schools
- New kitchens in all of the elementary schools to allow for healthy “hot” lunch options
- Contemporary performing arts center at high school with double capacity
- New turf fields and tracks at both the high school and middle school
- New gymnasium at high school
- New media center at high school
- Air conditioning in classrooms district-wide
- Updated American Disability Act (ADA) compliant restrooms district-wide
- Other important upgrades and repairs, such as new roofs and window replacements, to increase operational efficiency
See complete list of renovations and construction.
We look forward to working together with the Baldwin community to provide our students with the best education possible in an environment for 21st century learners.
Save the Date!
Capital Project Referendum
Vote Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Baldwin High School
7 AM – 10 PM