The Plaza School Instrumental Music Program
Plaza School's Instrumental Program is led by Mr. Greer. To learn more about Mr. Greer click on the About the Teacher tab (on the left).
Plaza's Instrumental Program:
IMPORTANT: Baldwin only has Oboes, French Horns, Trombones, Tubas, Violins, Violas, Cellos, and Basses available for rent. All other instruments (Flutes, Clarinets, Alto Saxophones, and Trumpets) must be rented from a Local Music Store. Click on the Virtual Backpack page to download a list of Local Music Stores and a MySchool Bucks Refund From (if needed).
NEW! Essenital Elements Interactive Website:This website is FREE for ALL students who have purchased an Essential Elements Book! This site offers many resources including Start-up videos and study guides! Click here to check it out⇒ Essential Elements Interactive Website!
- 3rd Grade: Students who met the selection criteria can begin Suzuki Violin Instruction.
- 4th Grade & 5th Grade: ALL students can participate in the Instrumental Music program. Students can choose: Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Alto Saxophone, Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Baritone, Tuba, Percussion, Violin, Viola, Cello or Bass.
- AWARD WINNING Ensembles: Plaza 5th Grade Band, 5th Grade Orchestra, Jazz Band, and Marching Band.
- Performance Opportunities: Holiday Concerts (5th Grade Band & 5th Grade Orchestra); Spring Concerts (5th Grade Band, 5th Grade Orchestra & Jazz Band); LI Music Festival (5th Grade Band & 5th Grade Orchestra); Memorial Day Parade (Marching Band); Jazz Night (Jazz Band).
- Festivals: NYSSMA Solo Festival; All-County Music Festival; LISFA (Long Island String Festival Association), LI Music Festival.