The Baldwin Teacher Center Policy Board is the governing body of the Teacher Center. The Baldwin Teacher Center is located in the Baldwin Middle School, Room 115, 3211 Schreiber Place Baldwin, NY 11510-4666. We can be reached within the district at x6085, from outside the district at 434 6085 or the most preferred way by email to email@example.com
Monday BTC Policy Board Meetings in the BMS Library:
9/16/2019, 11/18/2019, 1/13/2020, 3/16/2020, 5/11/2020, June 2020 (Tentative and Date TBA)
Policy Board Chair...........................................Francesco Iannucci
Staff Development Consultant...........................TBA
Director & Graduate Program Coordinator...........Karla Lomangino
Policy Board: Victoria Barone, Liz Carrozzo, Jennifer Debler, Francesco Iannucci, Ursula Moorer, Miguelina Ortiz, Karyn Reid, Anne Lederer, Robert B.A. Schoen, Mitch Tobol, and Dr. Patricia-Hinds Mason
THE BALDWIN TEACHER CENTER 2019-2020
The Baldwin Teacher Center is 1 of 126 Teacher Centers in NYS. Our mission is simple: provide high-quality, professional learning opportunities for educators to enrich their teaching practice and improve student learning and achievement. We are located at Baldwin Middle School, Rm. 115.
To accomplish our goals, we:
- Are governed by a Policy Board and Director: Francesco Iannucci (Chairperson), Victoria Barone, Jennifer Debler, Elizabeth Carrozzo, Ursula Moorer, Migelina Ortiz, Anne Lederer, Karyn Reid, Robert Schoen, Mitch Tobol, Dr. Patricia Mason, & Karla Lomangino (Director).
- Recognize that professional growthis integral to teachers’ work & students’ achievement by providing professional learning into the daily practice of teaching for all content areas.
- Serve as a New York State Education Department approved provider of Next Generation Learning Standards, Google in Education,and Technology training.
- Are the onlyprofessional organization sanctioned to provide the Special Education Certification Extension programs - NYS Regents newly-approved pathway to certification.
- Partner with Molloy College, Stony Brook University, Empire State College, Adelphi University, Mercy College, College of Saint Rose, and NYSUT to offer graduate certificates.
- Support Social Emotional Learning, Mindfulness in the Classroom, and Culturally Responsive Education (CRE) by providing courses for teachers and TAs to meet theneeds of diverse learners. Our district partners are: BUFSD and Baldwin Teachers’ Association.
Past and current professional development offerings for district teachers (as well as other qualifying community and out-of-district teacher members) have included in-service courses, graduate courses, post-graduate courses, and technology courses as follows: Next Generation Learning Standards, Post-Master’s Advanced Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership with SUNY at Stony Brook, Advanced Graduate Certificates in Educational Technology with SUNY at Stony Brook, Google for Educators Certified Trainer Certificate Program with SUNY at Stony Brook and Google, Masters in Literacy with Touro College, TESOL Certificate with Molloy College, technology courses with NYIT, Students with Disabilities Certificate with Brooklyn College, Students with Disabilities Certificate with NYSUT, Common Core curriculum with Network Training Institute, Teachers as Leaders Program, and classroom-based mini-grants - to name a few of our over 1,500 professional offerings since being established in 1991. We have also purchased technology equipment, educational tools and equipment, and recently added 24 books to the Baldwin Teacher Center library.