Baldwin Teacher Center
The Baldwin Teacher Center is 1 of 126 Teacher Centers in NYS. Our Mission is simple: to elevate teacher expertise to advance learning for every student. Our Vision is to create a community of learners where all students are enriched by educators who have access to meaningful and innovative teacher-lead professional learning.
To accomplish our goals, we:
- Are governed by a Policy Board and Director.
- Are composed of a policy board that is made up of 51% or more teachers to ensure teachers have the ability to make decisions about not only what professional learning they take, but what professional learning options are made available to them.
- Serve as a New York State Education Department approved provider of Next Generation Learning Standards.
- Are the only professional organization sanctioned to provide the newly-approved pathway to certification for the Special Education Certification Extension Program.
- Partner with Molloy College, Stony Brook University, Empire State College, Adelphi University, Mercy College, College of Saint Rose, and NYSUT to offer graduate certificates.
- Our district and local partners are: BUFSD, Baldwin Board of Education, Baldwin Teachers’ Association and LINC (Long Island Network of Teacher Centers).
- Support Social Emotional Learning, Mindfulness in the Classroom, and Culturally Responsive Education (CRE) by providing courses for teachers and TAs to meet the needs of diverse learners.
Baldwin Middle School
3211 Schreiber Pl,
Baldwin, NY 11510