The Baldwin Teacher Center Policy Board is the governing body of the Teacher Center. The Baldwin Teacher Center is located in the Baldwin Middle School, Room 115, 3211 Schreiber Place Baldwin, NY 11510-4666. We can be reached within the district at x6085, from outside the district at 516-434-6085 or the most preferred way by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday BTC Policy Board Meetings in the BMS Library:
9/16/2019, 11/18/2019, 1/13/2020 (to be rescheduled), 3/16/2020, 5/11/2020, June 2020 (Tentative and Date TBA)
Policy Board Chair...........................................Francesco Iannucci
Staff Development Consultant...........................TBD
Director & Graduate Program Coordinator...........Karla Lomangino
Policy Board: Victoria Barone, Liz Carrozzo, Jennifer Debler, Annie Doresca, Francesco Iannucci, Ursula Moorer, Mary Jo O'Hagan Miguelina Ortiz, Marianne Carberry, Robert B.A. Schoen, Mitch Tobol, and Dr. Patricia-Hinds Mason
THE BALDWIN TEACHER CENTER 2019-2020
The Baldwin Teacher Center is 1 of 126 Teacher Centers in NYS. Our Mission is simple: to elevate teacher expertise to advance learning for every students. Our Vision is to create a community of learners where all students are enriched by educators who have access to meaningful and innovative teacher-lead professional learning.
To accomplish our goals, we:
- Are governed by a Policy Board and Director: Francesco Iannucci (Chairperson), Victoria Barone, Annie Doresca, Jennifer Debler, Elizabeth Carrozzo, Ursula Moorer, Mary Jo O'Hagan, Miguelina Ortiz, Marianne Carberry, Robert Schoen, Mitch Tobol, Dr. Patricia Mason, & Karla Lomangino (Director).
- Are composed of a policy board that is made up of 51% or more teachers to ensure teachers have the ability to make decisions about not only what professional learning they take, but what professional learning options are made available to them.
- Serve as a New York State Education Department approved provider of Next Generation Learning Standards.
- Are the only professional organization sanctioned to provide the newly-approved pathway to certification for the Special Education Certification Extension Program.
- Partner with Molloy College, Stony Brook University, Empire State College, Adelphi University, Mercy College, College of Saint Rose, and NYSUT to offer graduate certificates.
- Our district and local partners are: BUFSD, Baldwin Board of Education, Baldwin Teachers’ Association and LINC (Long Island Network of Teacher Centers).
- Support Social Emotional Learning, Mindfulness in the Classroom, and Culturally Responsive Education (CRE) by providing courses for teachers and TAs to meet the needs of diverse learners.
Past and current professional development offerings for district teachers (as well as other qualifying community and out-of-district teacher members) have included in-service courses, graduate courses, post-graduate courses, and technology courses as follows: Next Generation Learning Standards, Post-Master’s Advanced Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership with SUNY at Stony Brook, Advanced Graduate Certificates in Educational Technology with SUNY at Stony Brook, Google for Educators Certified Trainer Certificate Program with SUNY at Stony Brook and Google, Masters in Literacy with Touro College, TESOL Certificate with Molloy College, technology courses with NYIT, Students with Disabilities Certificate (SWD) with both Brooklyn College and SUNY Empire State College, Common Core curriculum with Network Training Institute, Teachers as Leaders Program, and classroom-based mini-grants - to name a few of our over 1,500 professional offerings since being established in 1991. We have an extensive Ellison Die Collection, a professional Lending library Collection, and a DVD Collection for Black History Month