The leaders of the school- and community-based organizations have joined together as the Community Coalition of Baldwin (CCB) to assist one another for the greater good of Baldwin. The district received feedback from residents at the Community Input Meetings last year, which the coalition will work to achieve collaboratively through its mission statement, goals and priorities.
A strategic partnership working to enrich the economic, academic and social life in Baldwin.
- To create a thriving downtown filled with social and recreational opportunities.
- To aspire to academic success for community residents of all ages.
- To foster a sense of family among the citizens of the Baldwin community.
- To communicate and promote all success stories of the Baldwin community.
Priorities for 2015-16
- Create a Baldwin Book with information on each of the community and school organizations along with their calendar events and programs.
- Act as a liaison to the community- and school-based organizations by supporting the efforts of each of the groups and reaching out to the community to inform residents and businesses.
- Work together to create a community-wide event that promotes Baldwin, its organizations and businesses.
Community Coalition meetings for the 2016-17 school year will be held at the District Office at 7 p.m. on September 28, December 7, and March 22.
For more information, please call the Public Information Office at 516 434 6014.