Degrees and Certifications:
LEVELED LITERACY INTERVENTION
What is LLI?
LLI is intense, focused small group instruction in reading and writing.
Who is LLI for?
LLI is designed to be used with small groups of children who are below grade-level in reading and writing.
Features of LLI
* Texts are matched to children's reading ability.
* Lessons provide systematic instruction in phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, and comprehension.
* Lessons provide daily opportunity to read new texts with teacher support.
* Lessons provide opportunities for writing.
* Students are given opportunities to learn a core of high frequency words and to expand vocabulary.
* Highly motivating lessons and texts for children.
* Direct, practical links to classroom instruction.