We have been closely examining the weather report for this afternoon in preparation for our graduation ceremony. At this time, the risk is too high to conduct an outdoor ceremony, with all indications showing that rain will be starting late this afternoon with a strong possibility of thunderstorms. Therefore, our graduation ceremony will be held indoors in the gymnasium.
We understand that there may be a desire for additional tickets. Unfortunately, because of the size of the gym and fire code regulations, we are unable to accommodate any requests for additional tickets for any reason. It is TWO tickets per graduate. We will not be able to make any exceptions to this. The ceremony will be livestreamed so additional family members and friends can watch from the comfort of their home. The livestream link can be found below and on our district website.
Commencement will take place on Friday, June 23, 2023, in the High School Gymnasium at 5:00p.m. This is a ticketed event with TWO tickets per graduate. Please note the construction will cause traffic on Grand Avenue so please provide ample time to get to the high school.
Graduates should assemble in their assigned location at 4:00p.m. SHARP! Each graduate will receive a Yellow name card upon check-in. Graduates will be required to sit in alphabetical order as designated during the Commencement Rehearsal.
- ATTIRE – Students should dress appropriately for this dignified ceremony. No sneakers, flip flops, jeans, shorts, tank tops, and/or beach attire will be allowed. Shoes are required. Students are not to adjust their cap or gown or wear items that are not issued by the school.
- PERSONAL PROPERTY – All personal items, including electronic devices, should be left at home. No personal property may be left in the building during the graduation ceremony as we cannot be responsible for these items.
- DIPLOMAS – Graduates will receive their diploma and honors/awards during the ceremony.
- REPORT CARDS - All senior report cards will be published to the Parent Portal.
- TRANSCRIPTS AND FINAL GRADES - Seniors who wish to have their final records sent to a college/university or another post-secondary institution must inform their guidance counselors where they will be attending college. Additionally, students should indicate the college in their Naviance accounts.
- PARKING - There are a limited number of parking spaces available on campus.
- FLOWERS - No flowers are to be worn during the procession. NO FLOWER DELIVERIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- PHOTOGRAPHY - Two professional photographers will be taking your picture as you receive your diploma. Proofs will be mailed to you that you may choose to purchase.
- FIRST AID - A school nurse will be on duty in a room adjacent to the Commons In addition, the Baldwin Fire Department will provide us with first aid van and trained personnel during Commencement.
- SPECTATOR GUIDELINES - Spectator outbursts, bugles, air horns, land or air vehicles displaying signs and any other inappropriate behavior that detracts from the dignified nature of Commencement will not be tolerated. These kinds of inappropriate behaviors will result in immediate removal from the ceremony. We ask for your support and cooperation to ensure that Commencement is a dignified and memorable occasion.
- GRADUATE GUIDELINES - Graduates are expected to demonstrate proper decorum. They are expected to behave appropriately throughout the entire ceremony. Inappropriate behavior will result in your child being directed to leave the field during the Commencement exercises and not receive his/her diploma until after a parent-student conference is held with me on Monday, June 26.
WELCOME CLASS OF 2023!
ATTENTION ALL SENIORS OF THE CLASS OF 2023 - Post High School Plans Survey must be completed
All seniors must log into their Naviance Accounts and complete the Post High School Plan survey in order for us to send out your Final Transcript to your college. It is important for us to know your plan after graduation, such as: attending a vocational school, going into the military or going to work, going to college/university etc..
Please begin by opening
ABOUT ME (top right side of the page)
PROCEED TO CLICK ON :
SURVEYS FROM YOUR SCHOOL -->
NOT STARTED OR IN PROGRESS IF YOU BEGAN ONE AND WISH TO UPDATE --> POST HIGH SCHOOL PLANS
Please be sure that you complete it and enter all information that pertains to your post-secondary plan.
All Final Transcripts will be sent to the college you are attending according to this survey.
If there are any changes in the future, such as attending school, it is important to keep us up to date in order to send them your transcript.
Click on the link below to order cap and gown.