Welcome to Fine and Performing Arts at Baldwin UFSD
Baldwin School District has been named a Best Community for Music Education for 2018 by the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) Foundation. NAMM acknowledges districts and communities for their commitment and support of music education. Baldwin was among hundreds of school districts nationwide selected for this distinction this year.
Elementary students have music and art instruction as well as the option to participate in small group lessons on band and orchestral instruments, generally starting in the fourth grade. Students continue with art and music classes in middle and high school including electives and AP courses. They may also join a variety of of musical groups and clubs pertaining to the arts. Among the many art and music accomplishments by Baldwin students, school ensembles routinely participate in adjudicated festivals in which our bands orchestras and choruses are very successful. For example, our Baldwin High School Wind Symphony was assessed a Gold with Distinction at the NYSSMA Major Organization Festival. Baldwin students are regularly invited to the All-State Festival and named Long Island Scholar-Artists. Our young artist's work can be seen in the Art Supervisor's Association All county Art Exhibition, the Long Island Media Art Exhibit, as well as several other venues. Baldwin School District is proud of its strong commitment to the arts.
- 1 All-Eastern Musician
- 6 All-State Musicians
- 59 All-County Musicians
- 5 Long Island String Festival Musicians
- 30 Art Supervisor Association All-County Art Exhibition Artists
- 6 “Best In Show” from the Long Island Media and Art Show
- Baldwin Voted One of the Best Communities for Music Education
- At the NYSSMA Major Organization Festival, Wind Symphony rated Gold with Distinction; Symphony Band and Chamber Orchestra rated Gold; Concert Choir and Symphony Orchestra rated Silver
- Baldwin High School’s Pep Band and Chorus featured at Hofstra University