Baldwin Teachers Association
The Baldwin Teachers Association (BTA) is a non-profit organization comprised of teaching professionals who champion high-quality education, social justice, fairness, democracy, economic opportunity, healthcare, and public services for our students, their families, and our community. We are committed to advancing these principles through community engagement, organizing, collective bargaining, and political activism, and especially through the work our members do in the classroom every day.
Some of the community-centered services and initiatives provided and/or sponsored by the BTA:
- Provide $2,500 in scholarships and awards annually;
- Raised over $3,000 for local food pantries;
- Donated 200 books acquired through the First Book grant to students in the Baldwin elementary schools;
- Sponsored a "Buy Baldwin" campaign encouraging all staff to support Baldwin businesses; and
- Sponsor the annual Lobby Day in Albany, at which students, parents, community members, administrators, teachers, and Board of Education trustees are invited to ride the bus to Albany to advocate for our schools, our students, and our community.
|Vice President - Elementary||Kelley Snow|
|Vice President - Secondary||Ursula Moorer|
|Vice President - Public Relations||Sandra Pionegro|
|Vice President - Treasurer & Membership||Anthony DeAngelis|