The Baldwin Teacher Center Policy Board is the governing body of the Teacher Center. The Baldwin Teacher Center is located in Plaza School, Room 057, 501 Seaman Avenue Baldwin, NY 11510. We can be reached within the district at x6085, from outside the district at 516-434-6085 or the most preferred way by email to email@example.com
Tuesday BTC Policy Board Meetings Via GoogleMeet. Please contact the Teacher Center for the link:
10/6/20, 11/10/20, 1/12/21, 3/9/21, 4/13/21, 5/11/21, 6/8/21 (tentative)
Policy Board Chair...........................................Victoria Barone
Director & Graduate Program Coordinator...........Theresa Cole-McCabe
Policy Board: Randy Arnold, Tara Diaz, Jennifer Debler, Suzy Donovan, Betyne Farrell, Samantha Feaser, Denise Heuer, Miguelina Ortiz, Kim Peters, Ursula Moorer, Thomas Smith, Kimberly Bell, Mariel DePalma, Dr. Kalamaras, and Dr. Patricia Mason
THE BALDWIN TEACHER CENTER 2020-2021
The Baldwin Teacher Center is 1 of 126 Teacher Centers in NYS. Our Mission is simple: to elevate teacher expertise to advance learning for every student. Our Vision is to create a community of learners where all students are enriched by educators who have access to meaningful and innovative teacher-lead professional learning.
To accomplish our goals, we:
- Are governed by a Policy Board and Director.
- Are composed of a policy board that is made up of 51% or more teachers to ensure teachers have the ability to make decisions about not only what professional learning they take, but what professional learning options are made available to them.
- Serve as a New York State Education Department approved provider of Next Generation Learning Standards.
- Are the only professional organization sanctioned to provide the newly-approved pathway to certification for the Special Education Certification Extension Program.
- Partner with Molloy College, Stony Brook University, Empire State College, Adelphi University, Mercy College, College of Saint Rose, and NYSUT to offer graduate certificates.
- Our district and local partners are: BUFSD, Baldwin Board of Education, Baldwin Teachers’ Association and LINC (Long Island Network of Teacher Centers).
- Support Social Emotional Learning, Mindfulness in the Classroom, and Culturally Responsive Education (CRE) by providing courses for teachers and TAs to meet the needs of diverse learners.