Baldwin UFSD Embraces Equity in Education:
Leading the Way
The mission of Baldwin Union Free School District is to provide a rigorous and relevant education for every student and to ensure that every student has the opportunity to graduate college, career, and life-ready!
With a current graduation rate of 98%, the district has been successful in eliminating any achievement gap across all demographics. Over the past few years, the district has also seen a steady rise in college acceptance rates, Advanced Placement course participation and results, Regents scores, and participation in the award-winning school-to-career program, the Academic Academies.
New Policy Promotes Equity and Inclusivity in Baldwin Schools
The Baldwin Union Free School District administration, along with the Board of Education, recently approved a new policy, with the goal of providing equitable, inclusive, and diverse opportunities for all students to reach their highest potential. While this has always been part of the district’s mission, having an official policy solidifies the board’s committment. As part of the policy, the district will aim to understand, identify, address, and eliminate the biases, barriers, and disparities that limit a student’s chance to graduate high school, prepare for college, for a career, and life. All curriculum materials shall be designed to provide cross-cultural and cross-racial interactions that foster respect for diversity. The full policy can be found on the district website under “Board Policies” (Policy #0105) or go directly to the policy >>
Board of Education Priorities Updated
The Baldwin Union Free School District's Board of Education priorities are as follows, effective August 4, 2021:
- Continue to build a forward thinking, progressive school system that offers a challenging educational program tailored to meet individual student needs.
- Enhance communication within the school and wider Baldwin community.
- Inspire cultural awareness and sensitivity while integrating mindfulness and kindness into our school culture to build character and citizenship throughout the Baldwin community.
- Provide instructional opportunities to bring multiple perspectives into the classroom, respect differences and prepare our students to live in a global community.
- Broaden recruiting efforts to increase diversity in candidates.
To learn more about equity and achievements within the Baldwin education system, read our stories below!
What's BRUIN in Baldwin: Our Latest News
"How Can We Drive Meaningful Change in Our School Systems?"
“Hello Neighbor Project” Recognized for Spreading Kindness and Inclusivity
Only Ten Administrators Nationwide Selected
Unique High School Program Aims to Develop Future Educators
The Baldwin Beat
See the Baldwin Beat to read about the district's Education Academy, racial literacy efforts, and more!
"Education Academy Promotes Equity in Education and Prepares Tomorrow’s Teachers Today"
Read article >>