We Want Your Input
Based on feedback from the Baldwin community during the October 2016 Community Input Forum, the Baldwin Union Free School District (UFSD) administration, along with the Board of Education, has drafted the Innovation 2020 plan.
Innovation 2020 focuses on our capital improvement initiative and supports critical enhancements to our facilities and resources for our academic, performing arts, and athletic programs, allowing us to continue to prepare our students for their future on a 21st century school campus.
- Innovation 2020 will transform 100-year-old buildings into future-focused, state-of-the-art learning environments and also address identified facilities maintenance requirements as outlined in the New York State mandated 5-year building condition survey.
- The Baldwin community is invited to join an online discussion to help determine the most effective way to move forward with Innovation 2020.
- Everyone's participation is strongly encouraged since the basis of Innovation 2020 is feedback received from our community members.
- The input received will be reviewed by district administration and the Board. The Innovation 2020 plan will then be adjusted accordingly.
- The final version of the Innovation 2020 plan will be presented at future community meetings. A calendar of the presentation schedule will be accessible in this website section.
How to Join the Conversation
- Click here to provide feedback. If prompted for code, enter 225-305-767 to participate.
- Read the brief introduction and answer two quick questions.
- Share your thoughts to the question: What improvements do we need to make to our buildings and grounds to further support student success?
- Rate each thought proposed by other community members (1 star – lowest priority, 5 stars – highest priority).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience technical difficulties.Quick Tips:
- This exchange is confidential. Your thoughts will be shared, but not your identity.
- Please ensure your responses focus on the building infrastructure, rather than curriculum, program, or department.
- Please be polite and respectful as you share and rate thoughts. If you see a thought that is rude, hurtful, or identifies a person or group, you can report it by clicking in the upper right corner of the thought. All responses will be reviewed.
- You do not need to rate all thoughts in this exchange. It is appreciated and recommended to rate around 30 over the time the exchange is open.
For more information about the communication engagement tool, ThoughtExchange, visit their FAQ.
We look forward to working together with the Baldwin community to provide our students with the best education possible in an environment for 21st century learners.