Breakfast, Lunch & Milk Program
All questions concerning online payments and the school breakfast, lunch, or milk programs should be directed to Grace Fleming, Food Service Manager, at 516.434.6042.
Free Meal Program for All Baldwin Students
Starting November 1, 2023, all students enrolled in the Baldwin Union Free School District will be eligible to receive a FREE breakfast and lunch meal every day for the remainder of the school 2023-2024 year. This implementation was made possible due to two recent changes in policy and funding:
- The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) lowering the threshold for eligibility expanding access to the federal Community Eligibility Provision (CEP), which allows eligible schools participating in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs to offer school meals at NO CHARGE to all students
- New York State approving legislation to fund the balance not reimbursed by the federal government
As a result, Baldwin Schools UFSD was able to apply and has been approved for this free meal program.
- This school meal DOES NOT apply to “ala carte” menu items. It only pertains to one school breakfast and lunch “meal.”
- Any additional “meals” would need to be charged.
- Menus will not “change” because of this program. The improvements in the program and menu selections the district has introduced and expanded over the past year will continue.
- School building schedules for both breakfast and lunch will remain unchanged.
If you have any questions, please contact Grace Fleming, food service manager for Baldwin UFSD, at 516-434-6042.